Stone Soup Gardens specializes in the design and installation of beautiful, sustainable, and edible garden spaces. We work to connect our clients to their personal environment and their food. The Landscape Lead position is a dynamic management position on our growing team. The position requires both fieldwork (75%) and office (25%) time commitments. The successful candidate will have project management experience, organizational skills, be an excellent communicator, have a sense of humor, and be a team player. Candidates should have experience in urban farming or agriculture, general landscaping or landscape construction, and client relations.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
• Primary Project and Crew Lead—daily oversight of a 3-4 person landscape team
• Supply and Inventory— daily management of company equipment, tools, plants, and necessary job materials, including purchasing materials and updating inventory
• Client Relations—daily interaction with a wide variety of landscape clients
• Estimating, invoicing, tracking employee hours, and updating employee work calendar.
• Maintain and Develop Administrative Systems—ongoing assessment of workflow and identifying areas for improvement
• Business planning—contributing team member for business strategy and company direction
Desired Skills and Qualifications
• Leadership—the ability to lead a team to produce professional results while managing client and company expectations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organization and problem solving skills
• Ability to lift 75 lbs repeatedly, day in day out
• Minimum 1 year previous experience in landscaping, farming, construction, or related industry
• Reliable personal transportation and a willingness to travel throughout greater Seattle
• Honest, dependable, flexible, and hardworking
• Tech Savvy—comfortable using Mac platform, Microsoft office software, Google Docs, and QuickBooks.
• Tool Savvy-comfortable using power tools, hand tools, trucks and larger equipment (excavators, dump trucks, etc.) safely and efficiently.
Pay and Benefits
• Benefits include yoga classes, continuing education stipend, and a flexible vacation policy.
Please send a resume and cover to Gardenergnome@gmail.com. Job posting open until filled.