WE ARE HIRING!
Stone Soup Gardens specializes in the design and installation of beautiful, sustainable, and edible garden spaces. We work to connect our clients to their personal environment and their food. The Landscape Lead position is a dynamic management position on our growing team. The position requires both fieldwork (75%) and office (25%) time commitments. The successful candidate will have project management experience, organizational skills, be an excellent communicator, have a sense of humor, and be a team player. Candidates should have experience in urban farming or agriculture, general landscaping or landscape construction, and client relations.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
• Primary Project and Crew Lead—daily oversight of a 3-4 person landscape team
• Supply and Inventory— daily management of company equipment, tools, plants, and necessary job materials, including purchasing materials and updating inventory
• Client Relations—daily interaction with a wide variety of landscape clients
• Estimating, invoicing, tracking employee hours, and updating employee work calendar.
• Maintain and Develop Administrative Systems—ongoing assessment of workflow and identifying areas for improvement
• Business planning—contributing team member for business strategy and company direction
Desired Skills and Qualifications
• Leadership—the ability to lead a team to produce professional results while managing client and company expectations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organization and problem solving skills
• Ability to lift 75 lbs repeatedly, day in day out
• Minimum 1 year previous experience in landscaping, farming, construction, or related industry
• Reliable personal transportation and a willingness to travel throughout greater Seattle
• Honest, dependable, flexible, and hardworking
• Tech Savvy—comfortable using Mac platform, Microsoft office software, Google Docs, and QuickBooks.
• Tool Savvy-comfortable using power tools, hand tools, trucks and larger equipment (excavators, dump trucks, etc.) safely and efficiently.
Pay and Benefits
• Benefits include yoga classes, continuing education stipend, and a flexible vacation policy.
Please send a resume and cover to Gardenergnome@gmail.com. Job posting open until filled.
Permaculture Design with Jenny Pell
Check out this awesome upcoming Permaculture Class! Jenny Pell is a great human being, and I really support the work that Permaculture Now is doing.
Join us for an incredible evening of permaculture, architecture, and urban design. Seattle is a leader in urban agriculture, green building, walkable cities, and local food - urban dwellers of all stripes are eager to be a part of the solution for thriving, resilient cities. Homeowners are demanding features that allow them to easily step into the flow of sustainable living - edible landscapes, small livestock like bees and chickens, rain gardens, legal grey water, water catchment, passive and active solar, outdoor kitchens for community gatherings, and more!
Jenny Pell is a former tree planter, helicopter pilot, carpenter, and yurt builder. Jenny manages many of the Permaculture Now! projects. Based out of Seattle, WA Jenny works in Washington State, Central America, Hawaii, and Europe. Her slideshows and presentations inform, inspire, and motivate people to make changes that help move us towards a sustainable future. The number of participants will be limited, so please RSVP to assure your spot!
Purchase Tickets HERE
More Information HERE
Wednesday, May 28, 7pm - 9pm
Phinney Neighborhood Center (lower brick building) 6532 Phinney Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103
Seattle Tilth Weekend
It may have been a typical rainy Seattle weekend, but a little rain won't keep a true Pacific Northwesterner indoors. This weekend was the Seattle Tilth Spring Plant Sale, and we had a great time! It is always a wonderful way to connect with our local community, show off our fabulous birds, and introduce them to a whole new generation of potential coop owners.
See our photos below, and look on our Education page for more upcoming events with Stone Soup Gardens and our traveling coop!
This is how Stone Soup Gardens rolls - check out our blog for current, upcoming, and past projects, events, and other super cool stuff worth mentioning.